spacetoday.net: space news from around the webin association with SpaceNews


ILS announces Proton launch date, new launch order
Posted: Mon, Mar 24, 2003, 8:07 PM ET (0107 GMT)
Proton launch (file photo) International Launch Services said Monday that it has scheduled the next commercial launch of a Proton booster for April 29. ILS said a Proton K, using a Breeze M upper stage, will launch the AMC-9 communications satellite for SES Americom. The launch had been delayed several months as ILS and SES awaited the outcome of a Russian investigation into the failure of a Block DM upper stage during a commercial Proton launch last November. ILS is in the process of transitioning from the Proton K/Block DM to the Proton M/Breeze M, a process thought to be accelerated by the Block DM failure. ILS also said the SES Americom signed a contract for another Proton launch for an unspecified satellite. ILS already has contracts to launch three other SES Americom satellites, AMC 10, 11, and 12, through 2004. The new launch contract is the second in as many weeks for ILS, after Telesat Canada signed a deal for a Proton launch last week.
Related Links:
<<previous article   next article>>
news in brief
Space Force adds Rocket Lab and Stoke Space to NSSL contract
Posted: Sun, Mar 30 9:19 AM ET (1319 GMT)

Cygnus departs from ISS
Posted: Sun, Mar 30 9:14 AM ET (1314 GMT)

Vulcan Centaur certified for national security launches
Posted: Sun, Mar 30 9:10 AM ET (1310 GMT)

news links
Thursday, April 3
How a kid from Pemberton helped lead a landmark commercial Moon landing
Australian Broadcasting Corporation — 6:00 am ET (1000 GMT)
Eutelsat Begins OneWeb Services for the Aviation Market
ViaSatellite — 5:59 am ET (0959 GMT)
Debrief: Vulcan On Deck
Aviation Week — 5:56 am ET (0956 GMT)


about spacetoday.net   ·   info@spacetoday.net   ·   mailing list