spacetoday.net: space news from around the webin association with SpaceNews


ILS reduces staff, expects decline in launches
Posted: Tue, Aug 5, 2014, 9:20 AM ET (1320 GMT)
Proton M launch of SES-6 (ILS) International Launch Services (ILS), the US-based company that markets Russia's Proton rocket, said Monday it was laying off a quarter of its workforce as it expects to reduce the number of commercial launches it performs. Company president Phil Slack said the layoffs were designed to "align better with our current level of business," which the company expects to be lower than in the recent past. ILS said that while it has conducted 7-8 commercial launches a year previously, it now expects to carry out only 3-4 such launches a year. Recent failures of the Proton on Russian government launches, as well as geopolitical tensions involving Russia, have hampered commercial sales of Proton launches.
<<previous article   next article>>
news in brief
SpaceX performs two Falcon 9 launches less than an hour apart
Posted: Sun, Aug 16 10:57 AM ET (1457 GMT)

Virgin Galactic delays resumption of commercial flights to 2027
Posted: Sun, Aug 16 10:54 AM ET (1454 GMT)

Veteran astronaut Fincke retires
Posted: Sun, Aug 16 10:53 AM ET (1453 GMT)

news links
Friday, August 21
Williamson County grants tax incentives for Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin
Austin (TX) American-Statesman — 6:43 am ET (1043 GMT)
SpaceX, AST Said Seeking Grain Spectrum Valued at $6 Billion
Bloomberg News — 6:39 am ET (1039 GMT)


about spacetoday.net   ·   info@spacetoday.net   ·   mailing list