spacetoday.net: space news from around the webin association with SpaceNews


O'Keefe: ISS will remain occupied
Posted: Sat, Dec 28, 2002, 7:39 PM ET (0039 GMT)
ISS illustration (NASA) NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe said in an interview Friday that there are no plans to temporarily remove crews from the International Space Station (ISS) because of Russian funding shortfalls. O'Keefe said on NPR's "Science Friday" radio program that it was not a "likely prospect" that the station will be evacuated next year because of Russian problems building Soyuz spacecraft that are used as lifeboats on the station. MSNBC reported last month that NASA had started planning to evacuate the three-person ISS crew in mid-2003 for up to a year because construction of Soyuz and Progress spacecraft had fallen behind schedule. Rosaviakosmos officials said after a meeting of the ISS partners earlier this month that they would be able to build the Soyuz spacecraft required to keep crews on the station.
<<previous article   next article>>
news in brief
SpaceX performs two Falcon 9 launches less than an hour apart
Posted: Sun, Aug 16 10:57 AM ET (1457 GMT)

Virgin Galactic delays resumption of commercial flights to 2027
Posted: Sun, Aug 16 10:54 AM ET (1454 GMT)

Veteran astronaut Fincke retires
Posted: Sun, Aug 16 10:53 AM ET (1453 GMT)

news links
Wednesday, August 19
USSF to Operate Legacy Weather Sats Until at Least 2028 as It Works on Replacements
Air and Space Forces Magazine — 6:36 am ET (1036 GMT)
AFA Urges Congress to Fully Fund Space Force, Ramp Up F-35 Procurement
Air and Space Forces Magazine — 6:36 am ET (1036 GMT)


about spacetoday.net   ·   info@spacetoday.net   ·   mailing list