spacetoday.net: space news from around the webin association with SpaceNews


No charges filed against Aldrin
Posted: Sat, Sep 21, 2002, 11:40 AM ET (1540 GMT)
Los Angeles prosecutors decided Friday not to file assault charges against former astronaut Buzz Aldrin for punching a man earlier this month who claimed that the Apollo landings were faked. The district attorney's office in LA County noted that Bart Sibrel verbally assaulted Aldrin in a Beverly Hills hotel September 9 and prevented Aldrin from leaving, provoking the Apollo 11 astronaut to punch Sibrel in the face once. Prosecutors also noted the Sibrel suffered no apparent injury, Aldrin's lack of a criminal record, and the unlikelihood of a jury convicting Aldrin as additional reasons for not filing charges. While Aldrin's lawyer welcomed the decision, Sibrel told the AP that the decision showed "favoritism" for celebrities like Aldrin.
Related Links:
<<previous article   next article>>
news in brief
Crew-12 launches to ISS
Posted: Sun, Feb 15 10:57 AM ET (1557 GMT)

Axiom Space raises $350 million
Posted: Sun, Feb 15 10:48 AM ET (1548 GMT)

First Ariane 64 launches Amazon Leo satellites
Posted: Sun, Feb 15 10:46 AM ET (1546 GMT)

news links
Wednesday, February 18
Space Force needs 10,000 more Guardians, officials tell Senate
Huntsville Times — 5:40 am ET (1040 GMT)
SpaceX, Not Tesla, Will Make Musk A Trillionaire
Forbes.com — 5:37 am ET (1037 GMT)
Space Force needs to double in size, top enlisted leader says
FederalNewsRadio.com — 5:37 am ET (1037 GMT)


about spacetoday.net   ·   info@spacetoday.net   ·   mailing list